Rent Your Timeshare
Rental of Your Timeshare Estate in Pooled Income Program
There are a limited number of weeks available for entry into the rental pool during the peak season. Rental weeks are limited to one rental unit (1 studio unit) week per deeded timeshare ownership. All weekly owners making this selection will be placed in a Rental Pool and will share equally in the income generated for the rental SEASON indicated (RED, WHITE or BLUE) in a given year. Income will be distributed to all weekly renters on the following dates based on ownership type: Spring Blue & White weeks by June 30th, ALL Red weeks by November 30th, and Fall Blue & White weeks by December 30th of the year indicated on the executed rental agreement.
1. Make sure all fees are current for the period of intended use.
2. Submit your Statement/Invoice with payment indicating RENTAL POOL because income is pooled by SEASON it is not necessary to specify a week selection, you may do if you wish, however, it will not impact the income distribution.
3. Your week assignment will be issued based on your ownership type and selection choices
4. You will receive the Rental Agreement that must be signed and returned to MH Inc. within 30 days but no later than May 15th to be eligible for entry into the rental pool. This option fills fast, request early spots are LIMITED.
5. IF NO DATES ARE INDICATED-WEEK ASSIGNMENT WILL BE ISSUED BASED ON YOUR OWNERSHIP TYPE/SIZE & SEASON.
Although rental is a possible use of your unit, the resort believes that this is not the best use of your timeshare week and does not recommend this choice. During much of the year, your rental income probably will not be significant. You will receive a much higher value for your vacation ownership by either using it at the resort, or using it to exchange through the RCI system. As is outlined in the closing documents provided at purchase “Sea Mist Resort makes no representation to any resale or rental market for interval ownership purchase. The interval ownership is intended for vacation purposes only and not as an investment. Any rental shall be the exclusive responsibility of the Purchaser unless said Purchaser executes a properly authorized agreement with any duly licensed Realtor or the Management Company at Sea Mist.”
Renting Non-Timeshare Units at the Sea Mist Resort
The Condominium Association, subject to periodic review, allows timeshare owners to rent units at a reduced rate during designated times during the year, and subject to availability. Through 2018 the rate is $35.00 per night with limited offsetting funds being made available through the timeshare budget. This privilege generally is not available during July, August and on holiday weekends. However even during the summer season there are some limited periods of time that have been made available for use by timeshare owners. The management specifies when and which units are available. Timeshare owners must call in advance to check on availability and be current with all fees. Once a reservation is made, no refunds are available. Timeshare owners understand that this is a limited program, is utilizing non-timeshare units, and is subject to change or termination.